Invites You to Come Grow With Us!
FULL TIME AVAILABLE POSITION
Position Title: Nursery Manager
Reporting to: Michael Blocher, Store Manager
Hours: Full-time Status. Schedule, as required, to meet customer and/or company needs, including weekends and evenings.
Compensation: Salary, merit based, according to job grade levels and experience.
This management position is the key contributor to the ongoing success of the Nursery Department at our Lititz location, continuously working to meet and exceed our business objectives.
Primary Duties include: Provide leadership to the daily operations of the Nursery Department to in a timely and cost effective way, working within budgeted and company guidelines to meet sales, expense and profit goals.
Coordinate the planning and scheduling, and delegation of work assignments, including the receipt and/or delivery of materials, and other tasks as needed to support operations.
Maintain Esbenshade’s highest standards in customer satisfaction, including sales and service, and timely follow-up and resolution of any customer concerns.
Oversee the quality aspects of our Nursery Department operations, including but not limited to product/plant care and presentation, general housekeeping, material handling equipment operation and maintenance (trucks, tools, etc), inventory control, and safety.
Development of good working relationships among team members, and working effectively to resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
Develop and monitor the Nursery Department objectives and operating performance, consistently training & coaching team members to improvement as needed to meet or exceed company objectives. Provide ongoing employee performance feedback to retail management and team members through regular verbal and written correspondence, including the completion of annual performance evaluations.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in the garden center and/or nursery industry, including strong plant knowledge and common pest ID and management
- Proven leadership ability in a team environment
- Ability to analyze problems and formulate logical conclusions
- Valid PA drivers’ license (class A)
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- General computer application skills
- Includes consistent heavy lifting, must be able to lift up to 70 lb pounds
- Must be able to be on your feet for long periods at a time (10 to 12 hours)
- Must be able to work in all outdoor conditions, including extreme temperatures and humidity, dirt and dusty conditions
email@example.com or call 717-626-7007 for info:
EOE Drug-free workplace
Click to download the attached file(s):
- Employment Application