We at Esbenshade’s hope that there would be no reason to file a claim regarding the plant material we ship to you. However, since the plant material may not arrive in the same condition it was in when we sent it to you, please follow these guidelines if you find it necessary to file a claim.
1. Any claims for shortages or defective materials must be made within 48 hrs (2 working days) to Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. Wholesale Division. Prompt filing is imperative. Call 717-626-7000.
2. If you have a claim regarding a grower truck/broker truck delivery, have the driver call our office before the driver leaves your premises.
3. Deliveries made by Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. trucks will not be made to unattended locations without permission. Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. will not be responsible for product delivered to unattended locations.
4. Shipments made by UPS, FED EX and Air Freight are at the customer’s risk. Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. will not issue credit for plants damaged in shipment. Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. guarantees shipments made by grower truck only.
5. Claims for plants shipped via Fed Ex and Air Freight are the customer’s responsibility. Call Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. Wholesale Division for assistance in filing a claim. If possible, inspect your shipment before signing the delivery receipt. It is important to note any visible damage to the boxes and/or any cartons turned upside-down.
6. The shipper must initiate claims for UPS shipments. If possible, call Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. Wholesale Division before signing the delivery receipt. It is important to note any visible damage to the boxes and/or any cartons turned upside-down.
7. If you find it necessary to file a claim be sure to save all packing materials. The freight company’s claim representative may wish to inspect the packing materials.
8. Orders picked up at Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. must be checked for accuracy and quality by the customer or their representative before leaving the premises. Orders that have been picked and made ready per the customer’s request and not picked up on time will be held for one day without charge. If the order must be put back into our inventory a 15% re-stocking charge will be assessed.
9. Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. will not be responsible for delays or damage due to severe weather conditions, acts of war or other conditions beyond our control.