Can be used for many purposes around the home and property!
Key Product Features
- Wheat straw is the stems and leaves of the wheat plant left over after the grain is harvested for milling
- These bales are 100% natural, bio-degradable and free of G.M.O
- Simply cut the strings and shake apart to apply as a layer of mulch in your garden (particularly around strawberry and tomato plants)
- Can also be used in mushroom cultivation or used to maintain moisture and aid in grass cultivation from seed
- The long stems of this material also make it a natural attraction for backyard chickens to scratch is and a great addition to their nest boxes, which promotes cleaner eggs
- Animals love it too! Cats, bunnies, rodents, and any other pet adore straw as bedding for it creates a clean and cozy space for them to rest
Straw can be used for many purposes around the home and property! Many people simply purchase a straw bale to hold up their fall pumpkins and gourds, but what many don’t know is how versatile straw can really be. Straw can be used as bedding for animals including rabbits and chickens as it can be easily removed and replaced for a clean habitat. Straw is also useful for gardening for creating insulation, protecting new seeds, and stopping garden erosion. Produced by Shady Creek Farm in Lancaster, PA. The dimensions of the bale are 22" x 16" x 18".