Job Description - Garden Center Associate Seasonal Part Time | Mohnton
Title: Garden Center Associate Seasonal, Part Time
Department: Garden Center
Classification: Seasonal, Part Time
Location: Mohnton Retail Store
Duration: Weekly hours starting the end of March through the end of June
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Mohnton Store
Description: Responsibilities include providing sales and customer service support in the design department, executing restocking, merchandising and display plans as laid out by the department manager. Must have the ability to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction while performing all required job functions. Basic knowledge of gardening, including seeds and bulbs, pottery and containers, garden décor and other related hard goods is helpful. Some heavy lifting required.
Duties and Responsibilities: Our customer service is first and foremost. This means approaching every customer with a smile and pleasant attitude, offering assistance as needed, answering questions politely, following up later if you don’t know the answer at first, always being presentable and doing all you can to provide Esbenshade’s customers with a positive, successful shopping experience so that they will want to return.
- Ability to assist customers with garden décor, pottery, and garden related questions and recommendations.
- Learning the basics of all of the items within the departments, as well as fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- Receiving, checking in and processing shipments.
- Stocking, pricing and cleaning merchandise in your area as needed.
- Oversee quality control and cleanliness of your assigned areas.
- Maintain a safe working and shopping environment at all times.
- All other duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
- Helping with inventory count throughout the seasons.
- Display a positive attitude at all times with employees and communicates problems or concerns with management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Speed and accuracy with processing shipments and transfers.
- Creativity and merchandising experience a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of gardening and garden related product helpful.
- Simple computer experience or willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work an average of two to three evenings per week in spring busy season if evening hours are agreed upon at hiring.
- Some Saturdays are required.
- Some Holidays (Easter weekend and Mother’s Day weekend) and the week of our Parking Lot Sale (June 21 - 24) are required.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects. (Up to 40 lb. pounds).
- Must be able to work on your feet for long periods. (8 to 10 hours)
- Must be able to work in all conditions; dust, warm and cool temperatures and high humidity.