Job Description - Greenhouse Associate Seasonal Part Time | Lititz
Title: Greenhouse Associate Seasonal, Part Time
Classification: Seasonal, Part Time
Location: Lititz Retail Store
Duration: Weekly hours starting in mid-April through June
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Lititz Store.
Description: All associates are expected to offer our customers polite, prompt, energetic, enthusiastic and courteous service with a smile. They are expected to act with sense of urgency towards our customers, whose time is valuable to them. The help they receive from our staff should be nothing less than immediate – nothing short of excellent. They are expected to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and to continually seek out knowledge of all plants and products.
Greenhouse associates must proactively sell and maintain plant material, while having an interest in fulfilling our customer's visions and dreams. They will assist the greenhouse department manager with all daily operations within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and management.
- Ensure good communication with customers, employees and management.
- Must be tolerant, tactful, cheerful, sincere, polite, honest, encouraging and accommodating.
- Have the ability to perform (or willingness to learn) necessary maintenance on plant material to unsure it is healthy and ready for retail sale.
- This would include watering, cleaning, dead heading, etc.
- Keeping the greenhouse areas clean, neat and organized.
- This would include general cleanup, removing trash, sweeping walks, weeding, etc.
- Assist with unloading delivery trucks and restocking tables.
- Assist with creating attractive selling displays throughout the greenhouse area.
- Assist with scouting for pests and diseases on plant material.
- Knowledge of weekly sales items throughout the greenhouse department.
- Knowledge of our Customer Loyalty Card Program.
- Commitment to attend employee meetings.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
- It is mandatory that all employees obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their activities.
Education and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of annual and seasonal flowers, as well as houseplants is very helpful, but not required.
- Simple computer experience or willingness to learn.
- Willingness to work an average of two to three evenings per week in spring busy season if evening hours are agreed upon at hiring.
- Most Saturdays are required.
- Some Holidays (Easter weekend and Mother’s Day weekend) and the week of our Parking Lot Sale (June 21 - 24) are required.
- Must be able to work on your feet for long periods. (8 to 10 hours)
- Must be able to work in all conditions; dust, heat, cold, rain, snow and high humidity.