Job Description - Nursery Associate | Full Time | Lititz
Title: Nursery Associate
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Classification: Full Time, your choice of Seasonal or Year-Round
Location: Lititz, PA
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: HR@Esbenshades.com
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Lititz Store
All associates are expected to offer our customers prompt, enthusiastic and courteous service. They are expected to act with sense of urgency towards our customers, whose time is valuable. They are required to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and to continually seek out knowledge of all plants and products.
Nursery associates must proactively sell and maintain plant material in addition to selling bagged mulch, stone etc.. Our goal is to assist customers in fulfilling their garden needs, create repeat business and enjoy our work.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and management.
- Ensure good communication with customers, employees and management.
- Must be tolerant, tactful, cheerful, sincere, polite, honest, and accommodating.
- Ability to perform necessary maintenance on plant material to ensure it is alive, healthy and ready for sale.
- This would include watering, cleaning, dead heading, simple pruning, etc.
- Keeping the nursery area clean, neat and organized.
- This would include removing trash, sweeping walks, pulling weeds, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading customer vehicles and delivery trucks.
- Assist with creating attractive selling displays throughout the nursery area.
- Assist with scouting for pests and diseases on plant material.
- Knowledge of weekly sales items throughout the nursery department.
- Ability to check out customers through the nursery cash register.
- Knowledge of our Customer Loyalty Card Program.
- Commitment to attend employee meetings.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
- It is mandatory that all employees obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their activities.
Education & Experience:
- Basic plant knowledge is very helpful, but not required.
- Simple computer experience or willingness to learn.
- Bobcat and Forklift experience or willingness to learn.
- Cash register knowledge a plus.
- Willingness to work an average of two to three evenings per week in spring busy season.
- Saturdays are required.
- Some holidays and the week of our parking lot sale are required (Easter weekend, Mother’s Day weekend, Memorial Day, Black Friday – We are closed on Sundays).
- Must be able to lift heavy objects. (Up to 50 lbs.)
- Must be able to stand for long periods. (8 to 10 hours)
- Must be able to work in all conditions: dust, heat, cold, rain, snow and high humidity.