Job Description - Nursery Associate Seasonal Full time and Part time | Lititz
Title: Nursery Associate Seasonal Full time and Part time
Classification: Both Full-Time and Part-Time positions available.
Location: Lititz Retail Store
Duration: Weekly hours starting March 27 through the end of June.
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Lititz Store.
Description: All associates are expected to offer our customers polite, prompt, energetic, enthusiastic and courteous service with a smile. They are expected to act with sense of urgency towards our customers, whose time is valuable to them. The help they receive from our staff should be nothing less than immediate – nothing short of excellent. They are expected to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and to continually seek out knowledge of all plants and products.
Nursery associates must proactively sell plant material, while having an interest in fulfilling our customer's visions and dreams. They will assist the nursery department manager with all daily operations within the department. This is a part-time or full-time seasonal position from March 27th-End of June.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and management.
- Ensure good communication with customers, employees and management.
- Must be tolerant, tactful, cheerful, sincere, polite, honest, encouraging and accommodating.
- Keeping the nursery area clean, neat and organized.
- This would include removing trash, sweeping walks, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading customer vehicles and delivery trucks.
- Knowledge of weekly sales items throughout the nursery department.
- Ability to check out customers through the nursery register.
- Knowledge of our Customer Loyalty Card Program.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
- It is mandatory that all employees obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their activities.
Education and Experience:
- Basic tree and shrub knowledge is very helpful, but not required.
- Simple computer experience or willingness to learn.
- Must be willing to learn to run a cash register.
- Must be willing to learn and operate small electric chain saw and tree drill.
- Must be able to working evenings and on Saturdays.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects. (Up to 50 lbs.)
- Must be able to work on your feet for long periods. (Up to 6-8 hours)
- Must be able to work in all outside conditions incl. cold weather, hot weather, rain, snow and sleet.