Job Description - Nursery Driver Seasonal Part time | Lititz
Title: Nursery Driver Seasonal, Part time
Classification: Seasonal, Part Time
Location: Lititz Retail Store
Duration: April 3rd - mid/end of June
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Lititz Store
Description: Nursery drivers are expected to offer our customers enthusiastic, prompt, courteous service. They are expected to act with sense of urgency towards our customers, whose time is valuable to them. They are expected to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and communicate well. Nursery drivers must be willing and able to follow directions assigned by management personnel. This position is seasonal, part-time beginning end of March through mid- to the end of June, including 3-4 days per week during busy season with some Saturday mornings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and management.
- Drives vehicles in a safe and courteous manner at all times. Must drive a manual transmission and pass an on-road driving test in our trucks.
- Perform deliveries of mulch, soil, stone, plant material and other nursery product to our customers and stores.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for delivery.
- Assist with loading and unloading customer vehicles and delivery trucks.
- Performs Nursery Assistant duties, when not delivering, including:
- Watering plant material
- Removing trash, sweeping walks, and pulling weeds in nursery area.
- Bagging mulch.
- Cleans inside of trucks and performs routine maintenance.
- It is mandatory that all employees obey safety rules and exercise caution in all their activities.
Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
- Basic plant knowledge is very helpful, but not required.
- Must have valid and clean PA driver’s license. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Bobcat/skid loader experience or willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects often (up to 50-70 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions: dust, heat, cold, rain, and high humidity.