Jonathan Green Black Beauty SolarGreen Texas Bluegrass Grass Seed is their most heat and drought tolerant grass seed mixture yet!
- Coverage: 3 Pound Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 1,500 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 750 sq. ft.
- SolarGreen Texas Bluegrass with Black Beauty tall fescues can withstand heat up to 100°F
- Requires less water and fertilizer than traditional Kentucky Bluegrass
- Grows dark green, drought-resistant, and highly durable lawns
- Grows well in both sunny and/or shady areas
- Germinates 14 - 21 days
- Recommended Planting Months: For cool-season grasses
- Light requirements: Full sun to partial shade
It contains Texas Bluegrass and Black Beauty turf-type tall fescues which makes it perfect for sunny and/or shady areas. SolarGreen Texas Bluegrass can withstand very hot temperatures, up to 100°F, and requires less maintenance than traditional Kentucky Bluegrass.
This mixture will produce a dark-green, heat resistant, highly durable lawn making it ideal for lawns located in southern California, northern Texas, Tennessee, and North Carolina or anywhere along the transition zone. Like our other Black Beauty varieties, SolarGreen Texas Bluegrass Mixture can grow roots up to four feet deep, contains a waxy leaf coating to preserve moisture, displays a uniform (not clumpy) growth habit, and naturally withstands insects and diseases. SolarGreen gives you the beauty of Kentucky Bluegrass without the summer problems!