According to German folklore, Steinbach nutcrackers were given as keepsakes to bring good luck to your family and protect your home!
Key Product features
- Limited Edition Big Nutcracker
- Limited edition of 350 pieces - Limited to 350 pieces worldwide - only 150 available in the US.
- Approximate Height: 18.5”
- Primary materials: Wood, paint, cloth, faux fur
- 100% Hand-carved and hand-painted in Marienberg/Erzgebirge, Germany
- Includes original manufacture’s box and packaging
The exclusive special edition "Johann Friedrich Böttger" from the series of Saxon personalities is refined with a small key made of Meissen porcelain. Johann Friedrich Böttger was a German alchemist and chemist. Around 1708 he is considered the inventor of European hard porcelain, transferred this invention to the production process and was the founding administrator of the Meissen porcelain factory. On this occasion we have created a limited edition of 350 pieces. Limited to 350 pieces worldwide - only 150 available in the US. Special feature: There is a key made of Meissen porcelain on Böttger's tray. The "Key Welcome" is one of the earliest "Key Experiences" of the Meissen manufactory. August the Strong is said to have drunk from the legendary porcelain key during a visit to Albrechtsburg in Meißen - according to the entry in the guest book from 1714.