Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus. This nativity scene, depicting the birth of Christ, is perhaps one of the most common displays in homes and churches during the Christmas season.
- Designer: Julius Weigelt
- Year of origin: appr. 1929
- MAROLIN nativity figurines set, 12 parts, to 4.5 inches figures
- This beautifully constructed, twelve-piece MAROLIN nativity set consists of the Holy Family, the Three Wise Men, a standing ox and a standing donkey, a kneeling shepherd and three sheep.
- DETAIL | The largest figure (King Balthasar) in the set is 4.7" high. The average height of the other figurines measure up to 4.5 inches
- MATERIAL | Each figure is cast from MAROLIN’s compound. This consists of a paper mâché mixture that the company founder, Richard Mahr, developed himself.
- HANDMADE | The figure is cast in plaster molds by hand. After the figure has been looked through and deburred, it is painted by skilled hands. The finally applied patina gives the figure its special nostalgic character.
- PACKAGING | You receive the figures lovingly packed in a wooden box with a fitted foam inlay.
- WE ASK FOR ATTENTION | The figure size refers to the average height of a standing figure, measured WITHOUT a base. We have given the absolute height of the figure (including the base) above.
- The original MAROLIN figures are only suitable for setting up in dry rooms.
Modeler Julius Weigelt has created figures with an unmistakable character during his long creative period of almost 60 years. For us today, this means that all models carry a handwriting from his hand and can be easily combined with each other. This 12-piece Nativity set consists of the Holy Family, the Three Wise Men, a standing ox and a standing donkey, a shepherd and three sheep, with the tallest figure measuring 5.25 inches in height. Each figurine is positioned differently with detail to each facial expression.
Cast and painted in Germany, all items are carefully handcrafted and painstakingly painted to ensure that you always get a unique item! The figures are carefully packed in contour-cut soft foam inserts that guarantee safe and easy storage of the works of art between the holidays or when redecorating and are also suitable as presentation and gift packaging. **Please note that the general size of the crib figures is given as an average. This information is based on the height of a standing male nativity figure, but measured without a base.