This “Snow Child with Broom” is a brand-new ornament, made to look like a family heirloom which can become a family treasure to be passed down to future generations.
- Made in Germany
- Year of origin: Around 1900
- Mouth-blown glass using authentic old molds- the forms date back to the beginning of the 20th Century
- Hand-painted-The patina finish gives a retro and nostalgic character to the ornament
- Measures 1.5 x 2 x 3.75 inches
- Metal cap enclosure at top for easy hanging
- The glass ornament is single packed with a certificate of authenticity
- The ornament box may be used as a presentation packaging or gift box
This ornament features a child dressed in his warm winter coat while clutching a broom. His rosy cheeks and smile make him an adorable addition to any holiday tree.
This ornament exemplifies Marolin's niche of producing mouth-blown ornaments using old molds, then painting and finishing the items in such a way to create a vintage or 'antique' appearance. You will notice brush marks, minor color inconsistencies, rubs and an occasional small scratch, or even what appears to be missing paint. These are all part of the artistic charm that goes into the creation of Marolin ornaments.
The place of origin of the glass ornaments is the area around Lauscha in Thuringia. In the beginning it was just a substitute for real fruit which a poor glass-blower could not afford. With time, the diversity of glass ornaments for Christmas trees grew. Their popularity grew and they became a real bestseller. With this nostalgic glass ornament your Christmas tree will become a special eye-catcher! In addition, the ornament is an ideal gift or to collect.