Job Description - Cashier | Holiday | Lititz Location
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Head Cashier – Customer Service Manager
Classification: Seasonal Part Time
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Lititz Store.
The cashiers are expected to offer our customers a polite, prompt, energetic, enthusiastic and courteous service with a smile. Cashiers are expected to act with sense of urgency towards our customers, whose time is valuable to them. The help they receive from our staff should be nothing less than immediate – nothing short of excellent. They are expected to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and to continually seek out knowledge of all plants and products.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and management.
- Ensure good communication with customers, employees and management.
- Must be tolerant, tactful, cheerful, sincere, polite, honest, encouraging and accommodating.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and take responsibility for cash shortages or overages.
- Closing out cash drawers at the end of shift.
- Keep register area clean, neat and attractive.
- Must be adaptable to changing priorities and varied responsibilities such as cleaning, bringing in carts, pricing, quickness, etc.
- Knowledge of weekly sales items and posting on public boards and cashier books.
- Knowledge of our Customer Loyalty Card Program.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings if required, weekends, and holidays.
- Commitment to attend employee meetings.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
- It is mandatory that all employees obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their activities.
Education & Experience:
- Basic plant knowledge is very helpful, but not required.
- Previous computer experience or willingness to learn.
- Register knowledge a plus.
- Willingness to work an average of two to three evenings per week if evening hours were agreed upon at hiring.
- Most Saturdays are required.
- Some Holidays and the week of our parking lot sale are required (Black Friday, Easter weekend, Mother’s Day weekend, Memorial Day Weekend).
- Must be able to lift heavy objects. (Up to 25 lbs. pounds).
- Must be able to stand for long periods. (8 to 10 hours).
- Must be able to work in the following environments; dust, heat, coolness and high humidity.