Job Description - Maintenance Technician/Relief Driver
Title: Maintenance Technician/Relief Driver
Classification: Full Time, Year-round
Location: Lititz, PA (may need to travel to other locations if needed)
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
Description: Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. is looking for a new member of our maintenance team. This position will work closely with all divisions within our company to ensure that all systems, machinery, and equipment is functioning properly and safely. This position will also require occasional delivery using a 26' automatic straight truck during our busy seasons (March-June and November-December with a possibility for a higher wage for Class A CDL (Preferred but not required)). This position will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor greenhouse, retail, and wholesale growing equipment in order to detect possible areas of malfunction in machinery.
- Perform routine repairs on constantly running machinery such as planting assembly lines, wood chip boiler, and greenhouse irrigation systems.
- Perform early maintenance on vital electrical systems and circuitry to prevent system failures and/or fires.
- Provide routine maintenance and repairs to a wide range of equipment related to greenhouse operations including golf cart repair.
- Drive delivery route during our busy seasons outlined above.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Disassembling machinery units or parts to discover faults and malfunctions or diagnosing problems.
- Collaborating with other maintenance workers to repair machinery and implementing safety measures.
- Performing assurance checks on repaired machines and recording their overall health.
- Determining the repair needs of machinery, and creating purchase lists for replacement parts or full units.
- Maintain regular maintenance schedules.
- Performing repairs from a preventive maintenance standpoint and logging each procedure for future reference.
- Monitoring early warning systems to detect malfunctions before they happen and replacing defective parts immediately.
- Calibrating and adjusting machinery and equipment to optimal specifications.
- Developing maintenance strategies with management to save money and resources.
- Additionally, maintenance requires a great deal of flexibility from the field crew. This means that candidates who are starting out in the position may need to work in several capacities before they specialize in one area.
- All other maintenance tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Appropriate organizational and problem-solving skills while working with a team of professionals.
- Keen understanding of how the company's and general industrial machinery works.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and expertise in a wide range of maintenance activities.
- Working knowledge of modern maintenance management systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all maintenance stakeholders.
- Good time-management and workflow development skills.
- Ability to multitask in dynamic environments, and without halting the repair process.
- Maintain operations in accordance with and national safety codes.
- Provide cross-functional support to maintenance coordinators and supervisors operating on the same projects.
- Good stamina and ability to perform allocated tasks on time and without taking excessive breaks.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education or experience that has prepared you to enter the maintenance field at an intermediate level or higher. A typical way to qualify is by meeting the following criteria:
- High school diploma or GED with a maintenance apprenticeship
- High-school or equivalent diploma with at least 3 years of experience in a maintenance capacity
- A vocational certificate or practical diploma with at least 3 years of maintenance experience
- Practical experience in the form of an internship or apprenticeship under a senior engineer
- Basic HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and carpentry preferred
Hours and Work Environment:
- The typical schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 7:00am until 4:00pm.
- Overtime and weekend work may be required in emergency situations during our blackout seasons from March 1 through June 1, and November 1 through December 23rd. This requirement is based on the malfunction of essential equipment required by our growing operations.
- Overtime and Saturday work is available if interested.
- Work will be performed in all types of weather. This position will require both inside and outside work.
- The work environment may be dusty, wet, hot, and cold. Flexibility and a willingness to work in all conditions is a must.