Job Description - Nursery/Perennial Associate Seasonal Part time | Fleetwood
Title: Nursery/Perennial Associate Seasonal, Part time
Location: Fleetwood Retail Store
Classification: Seasonal, Part Time
Duration: Mid-March-End of June
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Fleetwood Store
Description: All associates are expected to offer our customers polite, prompt, energetic, enthusiastic and courteous service with a smile. They are expected to act with sense of urgency towards our customers, whose time is valuable to them. The help they receive from our staff should be nothing less than immediate – nothing short of excellent. They are expected to have the ability to be patient when confronted with a challenge, and to continually seek out knowledge of all plants and products.
Associates must proactively sell and maintain plant material, while having an interest in fulfilling our customer's visions and dreams. They will assist the nursery/perennial department manager with all daily operations within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to customers, employees and management.
- Ensure good communication with customers, employees and management.
- Must be tolerant, tactful, cheerful, sincere, polite, honest, encouraging and accommodating.
- Have the ability to perform (or willingness to learn) necessary maintenance on plant material to unsure it is alive, healthy and ready for retail sale (this would include watering, cleaning, dead heading, simple pruning, etc.).
- Keeping the nursery/perennial area clean, neat and organized (this would include removing trash, sweeping walks, pulling weeds, etc.).
- Assist with creating attractive selling displays throughout the nursery/perennial area.
- Assist with scouting for pests and diseases on plant material.
- Assist with loading and unloading customer vehicles and delivery trucks.
- Knowledge of weekly sales items throughout the nursery/perennial department.
- Knowledge of our Customer Loyalty Card Program.
- Commitment to attend employee meetings.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
- It is mandatory that all employees obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their activities.
Education and Experience:
- Basic plant knowledge is very helpful, but not required.
- Simple computer experience or willingness to learn.
- Bobcat and Forklift experience or willingness to learn.
- Register knowledge a plus.
- Willingness to work an average of two to three evenings per week in spring busy season if evening hours were agreed upon at hiring.
- Most Saturdays are required.
- Some Holidays and the week of our parking lot sale are required (Easter weekend, Mother’s Day weekend, Black Friday).
- Must be able to lift heavy objects. (Up to 50 lbs.)
- Must be able to work on your feet for long periods. (8 to 10 hours)
- Must be able to work in all conditions; dust, heat, cold, rain, snow and high humidity.