Job Description - Full Time/Year-round Warehouse Associate | Lititz
Title: Warehouse Associate
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Classification: Full Time, Year-Round
Location: Lititz, PA
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to:email@example.com
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Lititz Store.
The Warehouse Associate will perform and assist the warehouse manager with all daily operations of Esbenshade’s warehouses. This would include the following, but not limited to: compiling orders, creating batches for warehouse employees to pick, printing shipping labels and preparing items, boxing, shipping the product, receiving shipments, putting product away for storage, pulling product for our e-commerce department and all three of our retail locations, and inventory counting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure good communication to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and hardworking.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment where temperatures vary with the seasons.
- Adhere to safety standards in compliance with OSHA guidelines and practices.
- Observe all company policies.
- Basic computer skills to complete batches and print labels for orders being packed.
- Must check the quality of product while picking and packing.
- Ability to determine the most efficient process/technique and execute proper packing methods to ensure all orders will be shipped quickly, accurately, cost effectively and safely to the destination, without being damaged.
- Ability to keep packing stations stocked with necessary items to efficiently perform packing tasks throughout the day.
- Palletizing packages in an efficient manner so as not to cause damage to product/packaging and can be loaded correctly into trailers for carrier pickups.
- Accurately pull the product from the order requests efficiently and carefully.
- Assist with semi-annual inventory counts of the entire warehouse, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to receive shipments and check in the product to ensure accuracy with the delivery.
- Place product efficiently within the warehouse locations for storage.
- Efficiently and accurately pull product from warehouse locations to fill pick tickets for our E-commerce division.
- Willingness to keep the entire warehouse areas clean by sweeping up, throwing away trash and organizing at the end of each shift.
- Must be adaptable to changing priorities and varied responsibilities.
- Commitment to attend employee meetings.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience with warehouse equipment such as forklift, electric pallet jack, walkie stacker, etc. is helpful, however, not required and can be trained.
- Basic computer skills necessary. Experience with MS Excel, Outlook and basic POS programs are needed.
- Monday – Saturday, with two days off per week (Sunday and an alternating Saturday or weekday).
- Full time, 5-day work week with Overtime (Time and a half).
- Weekly hours range between 40 – 55, depending on business needs and the season.
- Willingness to work additional hours overtime during seasonal periods (March-May & November through December 16th).
- Must be able to consistently lift 20-30lbs, with occasional lifting of up to 50-70lbs
- Must be able to work on your feet for long periods (8 to 10 hours).
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment with the following: dust, heat, coolness and high humidity.