Job Description - Warehouse Associate Seasonal, Full time | Denver
Title: Warehouse Associate Seasonal, Full time
Classification: Seasonal, Full time
Duration: Weekly full-time hours lasting from late February through the end of May.
Location: Denver, PA
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print and return to the courtesy counter at our Lititz Store
Description: The Warehouse Associate will perform and assist the warehouse manager with all daily operations of Esbenshade’s warehouses. This would include the following, but not limited to: compiling orders, creating batches for warehouse employees to pick, printing shipping labels and preparing items, boxing, shipping the product, receiving shipments, putting product away for storage, pulling product for our e-commerce department and all three of our retail locations, and inventory counting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure good communication to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and hardworking.
- Basic computer skills to complete batches and print labels for orders being packed.
- Must check the quality of product while picking and packing.
- Ability to determine the most efficient process/technique and execute proper packing methods to ensure all orders will be shipped quickly, accurately, cost effectively and safely to the destination, without being damaged.
- Ability to keep packing stations stocked with necessary items to efficiently perform packing tasks throughout the day.
- Palletizing packages in an efficient manner so as not to cause damage to product/packaging and can be loaded correctly into trailers for carrier pickups.
- Compile and print order requests for all three of our retail stores.
- Accurately pull the product from the order requests efficiently and carefully.
- Adjust order requests in our POS system based on what was picked and create the shipping tickets that are to be sent with the product to its destination.
- Assist with semi-annual inventory counts of the entire warehouse, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to receive shipments and check in the product to ensure accuracy with the delivery.
- Place product efficiently within the warehouse locations for storage.
- Efficiently and accurately pull product from warehouse locations to fill pick tickets for our E-commerce division.
- Willingness to keep the entire warehouse areas clean by sweeping up, throwing away trash and organizing at the end of each shift.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment where temperatures vary with the seasons.
- Must be adaptable to changing priorities and varied responsibilities.
- Commitment to attend employee meetings.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your supervisor or management personnel.
- Adhere to safety standards in compliance with OSHA guidelines and practices.
- Observe all company policies.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience with warehouse equipment such as forklift, electric pallet jack, walkie stacker, etc. is helpful, however, not required and can be trained.
- OSHA certification helpful, but we will certify if one is not held.
- Basic computer skills necessary. Experience with MS Excel, Outlook and basic POS programs are needed.
- Monday – Saturday, with two days off per week (Sunday and an alternating Saturday or weekday).
- Full time, 5-day work week with Overtime (Time and a half).
- Weekly hours range between 40 – 55, depending on business needs and the season.
- Willingness to work additional hours overtime during seasonal periods (March-June).
- Must be able to consistently lift 20-30lbs, with occasional lifting of up to 50-70lbs
- Must be able to work on your feet for long periods. (8 to 10 hours).
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment with the following: dust, heat, coolness and high humidity.
Please Note: Our warehouse is not a peanut-free facility.