Job Description - Weekend Relief Grower
Title: Grower/Assistant Grower/Grower Internship
Department: Wholesale Greenhouse
Classification: Part Time, Year-Round
Location: Lititz, PA
TO APPLY: Please download our application and return your completed form via one of two methods listed below.
Esbenshade’s Greenhouses, Inc. is seeking weekend relief growers and assistant growers to provide plant care on the weekends. We have two shift options, Sundays only, or Saturday and Sunday. We currently do not have any Saturday only shifts. There is some flexibility to work after church on Sunday, but potential must be willing to work full days when the need arises, particularly during our Spring and Fall season. This position will provide all aspects of growing from start to finish; including, but not limited to; planting, cultivating, and harvesting. Maintain plants in a controlled greenhouse environment and monitor chemical application, fertilization, watering, and pruning. Work safely in compliance with established industry regulations and OSHA standards. Willing to train the right person.
Please Note: This position is not related to growing marijuana or hemp products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain proper irrigation of all greenhouse crops, spot watering when needed.
- Evaluate crop for insects and disease and regularly apply pesticides and treatments.
- Test soils and fertilize crops on a regular schedule and evaluate for additional care.
- Monitor plant development to evaluate growth and quality.
- Develop knowledge of techniques for advanced plant growth.
- Maintain records of growth and production to make recommendations to management.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure effective greenhouse operations.
- Monitor growing conditions such as humidity, moisture, and temperature.
- Keep accurate records of supplies and prepare orders when needed.
- Must be adaptable to changing priorities and varied responsibilities.
- Commitment to attend employee meetings.
- Willingness to do duties assigned by your manager with a quick turnaround.
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience that has prepared you to effectively work as a grower.
- Basic computer skills are helpful to be successful in this position.
- This is a year-round, part time, weekend only position.
- Sundays are required. Saturday and Sunday shifts are also available (Sundays are non-negotiable)
- Must be able to work in various temperatures, and dusty conditions when needed.
- Ability to work long hours during seasonal demand.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50lbs.