The first step to having a great lawn, is having great soil, and to have great soil you need Jonathan Green’s Love Your Soil, Organic Soil Food!
- Coverage: 18 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
- Loosens hard, compacted soil
- Increases root mass and drought tolerance of turfgrass
- Spurs soil microbes to break down trapped soil nutrients
- Rich in humates to help restore soil life, and creates a humus reserve in the soil
- When to Use: Late spring, summer, and early fall
Jonathan Greens Love Your Soil assists in breaking up clay and loosens compacted soils, which improves root penetration, grass growth, and root mass. Because hard and compacted soil is often the problem when it comes to growing a great lawn, this product is designed to help release nutrients trapped in the soil for premium grass growth.
Love Your Soil also helps to stimulate soil microbial life. The bacteria and fungi in the soil break down organic matter converting it to humus. Healthy biologically active soil contains as much as 5% organic humus while lawns that struggle might contain less than 1%.
Feeding a lawn synthetic, chemical fertilizers neglect the microbial life within the soil. In comparison, Love Your Soil feeds and stimulates microbes to build a humus reserve which imparts nutrient-laden water and disease resistance. Microbial populations are responsible for recycling organic waste which makes the soil more porous allowing air, water, and grassroots to penetrate deeper.