Is your soil so compacted that your grass has a difficult time growing?
Key Product Features
- Coverage: 46.5 lb Bag – 15,000 sq. ft.
- Natural soil food for lawns with alkaline soil
- Loosens hard soils
- Promotes air and water penetration for deeper rooting
- Helps to rapidly lower soil pH to increase grass nutrient absorption
- When to Use: Spring, summer or fall
Jonathan Green’s Mag-I-Cal Plus for Lawns in Alkaline & Hard Soil contains sulfur and calcium sulfate dihydrate which lowers soil pH, is important to cell development, and is vital to many grass plant functions. Poor soil that is hard and compacted is often the problem when it comes to growing a great lawn.
When soil is too alkaline and compacted, air, water, and nutrients cannot get down to the roots, and the grass will not grow properly. Lawns thrive in slightly acidic to neutral soil with pH levels between 6.2 and 7.0. In soils with pH readings of 7.0 to 9.5, weeds thrive and the grass becomes light green and spindly. This improves root penetration and promotes growth by increasing biological activity and releasing nutrients trapped in the soil