This “Red Pinecone with Face” is a brand-new ornament, made to look like a family heirloom which can become a family treasure to be passed down to future generations.
- Made in Germany
- Year of origin: ca. 1900
- Mouth-blown glass using authentic old molds- the forms date back to the beginning of the 20th Century
- Hand-painted-The patina finish gives a retro and nostalgic character to the ornament
- Measures 1.5 x 1.5 x 4
- Metal cap enclosure at top for easy hanging
- The glass ornament is single packed with a certificate of authenticity
- The ornament box may be used as a presentation packaging or gift box
The glass blowers found most of their inspiration in nature, for example the pine cone. That it was later given a face is probably owed to the stories and legends that were told in the evening in the parlors.
This pine cone is painted in bold red, then patinated and covered with glass mica. Its face, which looks like a wood sprite is painted true to detail. The ornament is closed with a real iron cap.
The place of origin of the glass ornaments is the area around Lauscha in Thuringia. In the beginning it was just a substitute for real fruit which a poor glass-blower could not afford. With time, the diversity of glass ornaments for Christmas trees grew. Their popularity grew and they became a real bestseller.