Use as a perlite substitute, fungus gnat deterrent, and weed control!
Key Product Features
- Fungus Gnat Deterrent: Make your plants a place they don’t want to go!
- Add 0.5″-0.75″ to the top of your soil as a mulch.
- Perlite Substitute: Mix into soil to lighten a blend and increase porosity, air space, and drainage. Use 10% less Rice Hulls than you would with perlite!
- Weed Control: Stop weeds from growing by adding 1.5″-2.0″ to the top of your soil as a mulch.
- Grown, Harvested, and Packaged in the USA!
- 100% Organic as it contains 100% rice hulls
Organic Mechanics Pure Rice Hulls are used to deter annoying fungus gnats, as a perlite substitute, or as weed control in outdoor containers. To use as a fungus gnat deterrent, simply add a 0.5"-0.75" layer to the surface of the soil, covering the soil completely. It works as a physical barrier they can't get through. If using as a perlite substitute, blend with soil as needed. Note: You can use up to 10% less Rice Hulls as compared to perlite and still achieve the same level of porosity (or fluffiness) in your soil. If using as a mulch for weed control in outdoor containers, apply a 1" to 2" layer for best results. Rice Hulls break down into Phosphorus and Silica in the soil as they are eaten by soil microbes. Perfect for no-till gardeners or for building a super-soil. When blended into soil as a perlite substitute, Organic Mechanics Pure Rice Hulls last about 3 seasons before they disappear completely in soil. Contains 100% Pure Rice Hulls. After applying Rice Hulls to your containers or garden, sit back and enjoy a tasty beverage while admiring your work!