The perfect 100% organic, OMRI listed, perlite substitute, weed control for your garden.
Key Product Features
- The product contains 100% pure rice hulls that are grown, harvested, and packaged in the USA.
- Mix into soil to lighten a blend and increase porosity, air space and drainage.
- Use 10% less Rice Hulls than you would with perlite.
- Can be used as a fungus gnat deterrent by adding 0.5 - 0.75 inches to the top of your soil as mulch.
- Can stop weeds from growing by adding 1.5 - 2 inches to the top of your soil as mulch.
Organic Mechanics Pure Rice Hulls serve multiple purposes in gardening. They act as a natural deterrent against annoying fungus gnats when applied as a 0.5-0.75 inch layer on the soil surface, creating a physical barrier they can't get through. As a perlite substitute, these rice hulls can be blended with soil, requiring up to 10% less volume than perlite to achieve the same soil porosity and fluffiness. If using as a mulch for weed control in outdoor containers, apply a 1" to 2" layer for best results. Rich in phosphorus and silica, these rice hulls break down and build a super soil. When used as a perlite substitute, Organic Mechanics Pure Rice Hulls last about three seasons before completely disappearing into the soil.