Cardinals love it ... Squirrels dont!
- Size: 25 lb bag
- 100% Natural Seed grown in the USA
- Can be mixed with other seeds for custom formulas
- Perfect to diversify seed offerings
- High-oil content seed very desirable to songbirds
- Bird-favorite safflower seeds are high in protein
- Attracts Cardinals, Chickadees, Nuthatches, Grosbeaks
- Discourages squirrels
- Not for Human consumption
Safflower Seed is a great seed to use to attract the birds you want - Cardinals, Chickadees, Titmice, and Grosbeaks - and at the same time discourage the feeder hogs like Grackles and Starlings that keep smaller birds away. And best of all, most squirrels dont like the bitter taste so they will stay away as well.
If you have unwanted birds & squirrels crowding out your Songbirds, temporarily fill your feeder with Safflower Seed for a few days until you see fewer nuisance visitors -- then gradually mix in your favorite Shafer Seed wild bird food.
Shafer Seed's Safflower Seed is truly a premium, high value seed not found in ordinary blends.
So, give the Cardinals their favorite seed and keep the pests away at the same time, with Shafer Seed Safflower Seed.