A happy home for your feathered friends!
Key Product Features
- Weathered stain and a textured galvanized roof bring a decorative rustic feel to your birding experience
- Made with naturally insect and rot-resistant premium cedar material
- Air vents allow for maximum air ventilation through wall and floor openings for optimum bird health
- Clean-out doors provide easy access for cleaning
- Has a 1 1/8" opening to accommodate both house wrens and chickadees while keeping unwanted larger birds out
- Vinyl-coated wire hanging cable included
Wrens and chickadees both prefer houses that are located in a sheltered area - under the shade and protection of tree branches is ideal. When possible, hang the house so that the entry hole faces away from incoming weather anywhere from 5-10 feet off the ground. A hanging style house is preferred so that it can be placed outward on a branch to help prevent predators reaching the nest. A male wren will build a nest out of sticks and perch on the branches above the house to attract a female. A pair of chickadees will work together to build their nest with moss, pet hair, or other types of fur-like material.